Selasa, 10 April 2018

If Conditional Type 1, 2, 3

If Conditional Sentences are also known as Conditional Clauses or If Clauses. They are used to express that the action in the main clause (without if) can only take place if a certain condition (in the clause with if) is fulfilled. There are three types of Conditional Sentences.

1. If Conditional Type 1 

     If Conditional type 1 / Future Conditional Sentence: Kalimat pengandaian yang belum terjadi di masa mendatang (future) jika syarat kalimatnya terpenuhi.

Rumus: If+S+V1(simple present), S+Will/Shall+V1


Contoh:
If you give me money, I will help you. (Jika kamu memberiku uang, saya akan membantumu.)
If you help me, I will give you money. (Jika kamu membantuku, saya akan memberimu uang.)
If you leave your sister alone, she will miss you. (Jika kamu meninggalkan saudara perempuanmu sendirian, dia akan merindukanmu.)
If our team win the match, we will be very happy. (Jika tim kami memanangkan pertandingan, kami akan sangat senang.)
If Joni camps, he will build a campfire. (Jika Joni berkemah, dia akan membangun api unggun.)
2. If Conditional Type 2
     If Conditional Type 2 / Present Conditional Sentence: Sebuah kalimat pengandaian yang digunakan untuk mengandaikan sesuatu yang tidak akan pernah terjadi karena syarat sub clausenya tidak mungkin terpenuhi, dan bertolak belakang dengan kenyataan.
Rumus: If+S+V2(simple past), S+Would+V1
Contoh:
  • Rony would buy a new car if he got the job in foreign company. (Rony akan membeli mobil baru jika ia mendapatkan pekerjaan di perusahaan asing)
  • If I passed the company entrance test, I would treat you a plate of steak. (jika aku lulus dalam tes masuk perusahaan, aku akan mentraktirmu sepiring bistik)
  • If I were you, I would apply for that scholarship. (jika aku jadi kamu, aku akan melamar untuk beasiswa itu) 
3. If Conditional Type 3

     If Conditional Type 3 / Past Conditional Sentence: Kalimat pengandaian yang digunakan untuk mengandaikan sesuatu yang tidak akan pernah terjadi karena apa yang diandaikan sudah berlalu di masa lampau.

Rumus: If+S+V3, S+Would have+V2

Contoh:
1. If I had prepared well for the test, I should have passed.
Fact: I didn’t pass
2.    If you had remembered to invite me, I would have attended your party.
Fact: but you didn’t remember
3.    If I had given the interviewer really good answers, I might have got a higher position than you
Fact: but I didn’t give really good answers
4.    If the waitress had been careful, she wouldn’t have broken many plates.
Fact: but the waitress wasn’t careful
5.    If he had asked you for forgiveness, would you have forgiven him?
Fact: but he didn’t ask you for forgiveness
6.    If I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation
7.    I would have sent her an invitation if I had found her address.
8.    If I hadn’t studied, I wouldn’t have passed my exams.
9.    If John had had the money, he would have bought a Ferrari.  
10.  years ago, I wanted to buy a new home, but I do not have any money.





Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar